SO WHAT KEEPS INTERCULTURAL TRAINERS AWAKE AT NIGHT?
What do they worry about? What are their big concerns?
Well, here are some of the issues raised by staff facilitating intercultural learning in UK universities at the Intercultural Training Clinic we ran at the UKCISA conference 2019:
- How do we cope with Impostor Syndrome?
- Should the training be compulsory or optional, mainstreamed or separate, bespoke or tailored?
- How do we make sure we get the best return on our investment in the training?
- How do we ensure our training is packed with rich content?
- How do we sell the importance of intercultural learning to both students and staff?
And, in the visual notes on Impostor Syndrome and here you will find out what came of these collaborative, honest and enriching explorations. Thank-you to all of the participants for your inputs and for agreeing to post these on our blog!